Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Book Review: The Royal Treatment (Alaskan Royal Family #1) by MaryJanice Davidson




In a world nearly identical to ours, the North won the Civil War, Ben Affleck is the sexiest man alive, and Russia never sold Alaska to the U.S. Instead, Alaska is a rough, beautiful country ruled by a famously eccentric royal family, and urgently in need of a bride for the Crown Prince. But they have no idea what they're in for when they offer the job to a feisty commoner

MaryJanice Davidson has become one of my all-time favorite authors.  I first found her by reading Undead and Unwed, the first book in her Undead series.  Wanting more, I found The Royal Treatment.  I must be honest and say I didn't like it as much as do her Undead books, but it is a sincerely hysterical book!

The Royal Treatment is set in an alternate reality, the world is almost the same as this one, but Alaska is it's own country and has its own rulers.  And boy are they a bunch of nuts!  The characters are not as fully fleshed out as I prefer them to be, but I loved all of them.  They each have their own quirky personality and odd habits.  I want to take them all home with me!

The only negatives I found were the profanity used and the fairly explicit love scenes.  As I don't really mind the language, and I blip over the love scenes if they're too much for my delicate constitution.

Books don't make me literally laugh out loud very often, but this one did.  Actually, all of MaryJanice Davidson's books do.  Every time!

 I give this book 4 Bookworms.


No comments:

Post a Comment