Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Book Review: A Perfect Blood (The Hollows #10) by Kim Harrison



Ritually murdered corpses are appearing across Cincinnati, terrifying amalgams of human and other. Pulled in to help investigate by the I.S. and FIB, former witch turned day-walking demon Rachel Morgan soon realizes a horrifying truth: a human hate group is trying to create its own demons to destroy all Inderlanders, and to do so, it needs her blood.

She's faced vampires, witches, werewolves, demons, and more, but humanity itself might be her toughest challenge yet.

A Perfect Blood is the 10th book in The Hollows series by Kim Harrison.  I've been gobbling these books up like Thanksgiving dinner since I found the series!  I probably should go slower because there are only two more books published in the series, but one is expected to be published next year.  I also read somewhere that the series was only going to 13 or so books.  (whimper)

Anyway, as always, there's lots of action and excitement.  Once again, Rachel is being hunted for something.  I know she's the main character in the series, but I'd like to see Ivy or Jenks being hunted as the main story!  Still, it was a great storyline that kept me reading way past my bedtime.  

Rachel's relationship with Trent is changing and both of them are confused.  It's fun to watch them circle each other as they try to figure out what's happening.  Since Rachel doesn't have a boyfriend in this book, there's not as much adult material, but she does have some naughty thoughts!

A Perfect Blood lives up to its predecessors in the series.  It's smart, funny, exciting, and enjoyable to read!  

 I give this book 4 Bookworms.


No comments:

Post a Comment