Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Book Review: Black Magic Sanction (The Hollows #8) by Kim Harrison





Rachel Morgan has fought and hunted vampires, werewolves, banshees, demons, and other supernatural dangers as both witch and bounty hunter - and lived to tell the tale. But she's never faced off against her own kind...until now. Denounced and shunned for dealing with demons and black magic, her best hope is life imprisonment - at worst, a forced lobotomy and genetic slavery. Only her enemies are strong enough to help her win her freedom, but trust comes hard when it hinges on the unscrupulous tycoon Trent Kalamack, the demon Algaliarept, and an ex-boyfriend turned thief.

It takes a witch to catch a witch, but survival bears a heavy price.

I found this series last year and have been steadily reading through it ever since.  It's so exciting to find a new series that I love so much, especially one with so many books already written! In Black Magic Sanction, Rachel has to deal with being shunned and the Coven trying to destroy her (literally).  

There were some things in this book that I would have been as happy without.  Such as the little skill/physical talent that Rachel discloses after she makes love to Pierce.  I think that little tidbit was supposed to be funny, but just came off as stupid to me.

As always, there is a lot of action in the book and things move along quickly.  Bis, the teenage gargoyle, gets a larger role in this story.  I really enjoyed that as he is so cute and sweet - and there aren't that many cute and sweet characters in this series!

While not my favorite book in the series, Kim Harrison still has the ability to make me laugh and cry when I read her work.  I'm still in love with her characters and hope to read the next book in the series soon.

 I give this book 4 Bookworms.




No comments:

Post a Comment