Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Book Review: Sunset Lavaflies by Scott Niven

 


Aboard a spaceship, a crew made up of children heads back to Earth to deliver a message from God. In the Sonoran Desert, a mother protects her daughter from a horrifying event. And on a drought-ravaged farm, a farmer seeks help from a supernatural source. Sunset Lavaflies collects these three tales of speculative fiction into one short story collection that will have you wondering "What If?" all night long


Sunset Lavaflies is a book of three science fiction short stories.  I normally don't read short stories, but I made an exception here.  The stories were very unique and intriguing.  There's a lot of layers in the stories that really made me think.  Also, the visuals that the author put in the third story were beautiful.  These are not your typical science fiction stories, but they are definitely worth the read!




I give this book 4 Bookworms.






Ebook:  40 pages
File Size:  126kb
Publisher Scott Niven (April 8, 2011)
ASIN:  B004VWLCKA

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,

    Thanks so much for reviewing my book and posting your review! I really appreciate that, and I'm especially glad that you enjoyed the book!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like your title...love those little worms for rating too.

    NEAT BLOG....NEW FOLLOWER.

    Just stopping by to have a look around.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Elizabeth! I'll go check out your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete