Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Book Review: Barok's Exodus by William L.K.

 

Barok's Exodus is the second book in the Stritonoly Chronicles by William L.K.  The first in the series was The Eye of the Storm, which I reviewed earlier.  Barok's Exodus takes up six years after the destructive storm and failed takeover attempt of Princess Becki.  The Stritonians have a new Czar and have built a new capital, returning to business as usual with the acidel slave race mining the precious prurock stones.  Princess Becki has been in jail the whole time, and little Barok the acidel is still mining prurock.  This doesn't hold true for long as Princess Becki schemes for her freedom and Barok begins a life-altering journey.


I enjoyed this book more than the first in the series, probably because I already was acquainted with the characters and had an attachment to them.  The author gets the action going quickly and keeps the suspense tight throughout.  I read it in one sitting, not because it was a short book (which it is), but because I had to find out what would happen to Barok and Princess Becki.  The ending wasn't very satisfactory, but it did set me up waiting impatiently for the third book to be released, which it was on May 19th!


 *Disclaimer:  I received this ebook from the author for free.  I was not required to write a positive review.


I give this book 4 Bookworms.









Format:  ebook
File Size:  209 kb
Publisher:  sci-fi-cafe.com (January 19, 2011)
ASIN:  BOO4K1EZP6

No comments:

Post a Comment