Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Book Review: The Eye of the Storm by William L.K.






The Eye of the Storm opens the Stritonoly Chronicles series in glorious style on sci-fi-cafe.com.
Dmitri, son of the Czar of Stritonoly, driven insane by the forbidden poison of the slave-race Acidel sets in motion a catastrophic chain of events.
A terrifying and eternal force stalks the forest nearby as a storm of epic proportions gathers over the Citadel. 


The Eye of the Storm by William L.K.is a science fiction novel set on the planet of Stritonoly and on Earth.  There are two parallel stories that run through the book, a dying girl on Earth and a self-destructive power-hungry son of the Czar on Stritonoly.  This is the first of three books set on Stritonoly.

It's hard to say much about the plot of the novel because I don't want to give anything away.  A young girl has been in a car accident on Earth and is dying in the hospital.  Dmitri, the son of the Czar of Stritonoly has become addicted to a drug found in the sweat of the planet's slave race, the Acidel's.

This book really has me puzzled.  Truthfully, when I first started reading it, I didn't like it.    I got confused with the switching between worlds, it seemed too strange having a drug coming from sweat.  But, I kept reading.  William L.K. does a great job with description, the world is dark and bleak, the tenseness builds.  I couldn't help but get caught up in the story, then the twist ending!  Sorry, no hints!

So, all in all, I think this was a good story.  It's a short novel, just over one hundred pages.  Give it a try!

*Disclaimer - I received this ebook from the author for free.  I was not required to write a positive interview.




I give this book 3 Bookworms.







Format:  Ebook
File Size:  223 kb
Publisher:  sci-fi-cafe.com (December 21, 2010)
ASIN:  B004H1TLU8

No comments:

Post a Comment