Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Book Review: A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows #4) by Kim Harrison




Narrator, Cincinnati witch and bounty hunter Rachel Morgan is confronted by Nick, mortal lover who abandoned her. Savage beasts covet what he possesses, and may destroy the Hollows. While keeping a low profile to avoid eternal wrath of a vengeful demon, she must act quickly. The pack gathers for the first time in millennia to ravage and to rule.

A Fistful of Charms is the fourth book in The Hollows series by Kim Harrison.  While I love this series, this particular novel was not my favorite.  This one features werewolves, but I didn't like Harrison's take on how they function together.  They are all after something Nick stole, so Rachel has to help him.  The whole idea of this item and what it does is just strange to me.  I can't be more explicit because I don't want to spoil the book for anyone.

The main characters are here, Rachel, Al, Jenks, and Ivy; who gets more involved than usual, which was interesting.  I really enjoy how Harrison grows each character throughout the books.  As in real life, they change their personalities and views on issues as things happen.  

The story slowed down in places, like when they hung out at the hotel trying to figure out what to do.  The whole big scene on the bridge was sad and a little weird.  It didn't leave me completely satisfied. 

I still love the series.  In my opinion, they need to be read in order to get the full benefit of the stories and the characters.  So read this one, but maybe don't expect as much.  They do get a lot better!

 I give this book 3 Bookworms.


No comments:

Post a Comment