Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Book Review: Small Town Christmas







Three heartwarming holiday stories 
to prove that love is the greatest gift of all 

Kissing Santa Claus 
NASCAR driver Logan Perrish returns to Lucky Harbor, Washington, with love in his heart and a ring in his pocket. But can Sandy Jansen forget the past and give him a second chance? Or will Logan be spending another Christmas alone?

I'll Be Home for Christmas 
After ignoring the advice of Miz Miriam Randall, local matchmaker, Annie Roberts expects another hum drum holiday in Last Chance, South Carolina. But when a stray cat arrives in the arms of Army sergeant Matt Jasper, a calico named Holly just may be the best matchmaker of all.

O Little Town of Bramble 
All Ethan Miller wants for Christmas is to celebrate in Bramble, Texas, with family and friends. But when his childhood neighbor, Samantha Henderson, comes home for the holiday, Ethan realizes that the girl-next-door could be the girl of his dreams


I know it's not December, but for those of you who like to plan your reading list ahead, here's a good option.  It's a collection of short stories by Jill Shalvis, Hope Ramsey, and Katie Lane.  These stories are about just what the main title proclaims - Small Town Christmas.

I like my Christmas stories quaint and homey.  These three stories deliver that!    Yes, they are romances, which I don't read much of anymore, but they gave me such a warm glow inside as I was reading, I couldn't put the book down.

Each story has characters that are charming and quirky, from the main characters to the friends and family.  Christmas is such a focal point in each tale that I could almost smell the cookies and see the tinsel falling from the book as I opened it.

This book is a quick, easy read.  There are no in-depth plots as they are short stories.  I found myself wanting more, but that will have to be found in the other books from these three lovely authors.  Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read the book.


I give this book 3 Christmas Penguins!


No comments:

Post a Comment