Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Book Review: The First Victim by J.B. Lynn


She was like all the other victims. Naked, flawed, helpless... Fifteen years ago, Emily Wright barely escaped from a serial killer dubbed the Baby Doll Strangler. She wants nothing to do with the small town where she was abducted, but when her father is hospitalized she reluctantly returns home to care for her teenage sister.
 
When her sister's friend is killed and left in front of Emily's house, Emily begins to relive the nightmare she endured long ago. Soon she realizes that her sister, too, is in danger from the killer—and the only person who can help is the man Emily left behind: Deputy Bailey O'Neil. Together, Emily and Bailey must discover the killer's identity before he claims his next victim...
 The First Victim is a captivating mystery that will probably make your skin crawl and your teeth hurt occasionally.  I know it did mine.  The author, J.B. Lynn created a decidedly evil killer, and at times gets a bit graphic in the details of what the killer does.  It's not horribly over the top, though, not any worse than most crime tv shows.

The book flows well, I read it in one evening.  I had to find out what happened!  I will toot my own horn to say that I did figure out who the killer was, but I didn't realize how he/she fit in the story until the very end.  There are lots of twists and turns to keep you guessing, I suspected everyone at one time or another.  This novel will be a favorite for mystery/suspense fans!

I was given this book from the publishers, Carina Press, through Netgalley. 



I give this book 4 Bookworms.




Format:  Ebook
File Size:  447 KB
Publisher:  Carina Press (June 13, 2011)
ASIN:  B004XVTPNU


1 comment:

  1. mmmm - sounds great. I love twisty mysteries that can be read in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete