Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Book Review: Borrowed Saints by Aaron Polson

 


Seventeen-year-old Tucker Ellison wants a normal life, but life in Springdale is anything but normal. As if ghost trains and unsolved murders aren't enough, he just might be falling in love with Ellen, an art class weirdo who has her finger on the pulse of small town strangeness. Following Ellen's lead, Tucker quickly tumbles into a world he never imagined--a world which threatens the safety of those closest to him unless he can solve the mystery of the Borrowed Saints.

 Borrowed Saints didn't live up to its potential, in my opinion.  There were interesting ideas with the paranormal, ghost trains, public fires, ghosts, etc., but nothing meshed together well.  The ending really disappointed me, it didn't feel like an ending at all.  I know it's a big thing to write series these days, and I love them, but each book needs to be complete and whole in itself and I didn't feel that Borrowed Saints was.  The story ended hanging in the air, and not in a good way.


The characters themselves were well done.  I could feel the awkwardness and need to belong in Tucker, Pheobe, and Ellen.  I wanted to see everything end well for them.  It was good to see them grow stronger throughout the book.


Overall, this book just wasn't for me.  I see other reviews that people did like it a lot, so this one will have to be up to you, dear reader!


 I give this book 2 Bookworms.





Format:  ebook
File size:  228kb
Publisher:  Skull Salad Press; 2 edition (May 4, 2011)
ASIN:  B004ZH3D3U

No comments:

Post a Comment