Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Book Review: The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine Bell





The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale is about a brother and sister, orphans in 1810, who were taken in by a time traveler from the year 2010.  Stormy's brother Bacon was conned out of his Time Travel Mechanism by the Loony Duke of Leister and she goes back to 1836 to retrieve it. 

This was a short story and I wish it had been longer.  Ms. Bell managed to flesh out the characters quite well in the limited time she had.  The first person narrative allowed for some great sarcastic observations by Stormy, which kept the tone light and fun.  The plot was simple so the characters could shine through. 

This was my first book from the steampunk genre and I truly enjoyed it.  Generally, I don't care for short stories, but I make an exception with this one.  However, there's a richness of ideas that could be used from this premise to write one or more full length novels, which I do wish Christine Bell would do!

*Disclaimer:  I received this book from Netgalley for free.  I was not required to give a positive review.


I give this book 4 Bookworms.





Format:  Ebook
File Size:  234 KB
Publisher:  Carina Press (April 25, 2011)
ASIN:  B004ROD40G

    No comments:

    Post a Comment