Hello Readers, I would like to introduce you to Sally Clements, the author of Bound to Love. Sally was gracious enough to answer some questions for us.
1. Tell us about yourself. I live in the Irish countryside, about 12 miles from Dublin. I love writing, and write romance and crime (although I haven't had any crime published, yet). I'm also a mum, so I spend a lot of time in the car, driving children everywhere.
2. Were you the kind of child that made up stories, or did writing come to you as you grew up? I've always loved writing, and when I was a kid I used to write stories and plays, and make my siblings dress up and perform them, much to their disgust!
3. What was your favorite book as a child? I had quite a few, but I think She by H Ryder Haggard was a particular favorite.
4. How do you get ideas for your books? My heroines usually have interesting jobs that I would love to do myself! Tempest is a jeweller who replicates ancient gold artefacts, and in another book my heroine is an artisan chocolatier. I love research, and any things that tickle my interest end up in a notebook (I aways carry one). Surprisingly, these threads somehow come together into stories!
5. What was your favorite part of Bound to Love? I actually loved writing the whole book. But I have a soft spot for writing villains, so I loved getting inside Paul's head for a while.
6. What other books do you have out that we can read? My first book, Catch Me A Catch is set in the West of Ireland during a matchmaking festival, it's available as an ebook, and you can find it on Amazon and most everywhere else you can find an ebook, and I have also published a collection of short romantic stories called New Beginnings as an ebook.
7. What are you working on now? I've just sold two new romances, which will be available from The Wild Rose Press and ebook stores in the next few months. The first, Love On The Vine, features a very sexy Frenchman, and is a 'sweet' romance, and the second, Marrying Cade is set on a Tuscan island, Isola dei Fiori and is definitely steamy!
8. Who are your favorite authors? For romance, I love India Grey, Heidi Rice, Kelly Hunter, and Abby Green. For crime, I read Jeffry Deaver and Patricia Cornwell.
9. What are you reading now? I've got very keen on Italian detective stories, and am powering through a Donna Leon or two, and also reading James Patterson's Mary, Mary.
10. Is there anything else you'd like us to know? Just that if you're considering writing, don't push it to the back burner as I did for twenty years. Sit down and write that story inside that's dying to come out. It's very fulfilling, and you can do it!
I love meeting new people, especially readers and writers, so do check out my blog,
http://www.sallyclements.blogspot.com/ or follow me on twitter, which I'm on far too often when I should be doing something else! There, I'm @sallywriter
Thank you so much for the interview, Maria.
Thanks for the opportunity to find out more about you, Sally! We look forward to reading your new books!